A sake like no other, a true one-and-only that expresses the limits of the world’s highest polishing ratio.
In 2018, we were able to achieve a polishing ratio of 0.85% after 5,297 long hours.
This means that 99.15% of the rice grain is polished away and the sake is brewed with only the remaining 0.85% of the rice grain.
At the time, sake regulations stated that “the rice polishing ratio should be rounded down to the nearest whole number”. Therefore, for the first time ever in Japan a product was labeled with a “0% polishing ratio”.
The Sake Tax Law was revised on July 1, 2019, and so the Reikyo Absolute 0 produced before that time will remain the only sake ever to be able to boast a 0% polishing ratio.
Inside the vermilion-colored cosmetic box is a box produced by Tosa Kumiko, using the traditional craft of Kumiko Zaiku.
Each box is individually handmade by craftsmen, and only a maximum of three can be made per day.
There are 333 bottles produced each year for Japan, Asia, Europe and the United States for a total of only 999 bottles.
Please enjoy this precious bottle on important occasions.
*Liquor Tax Law: Article 86-6 “Standards for Labeling of Alcoholic Beverages” in the Liquor Tax Law and the Circular on Interpretation of Alcoholic Beverage Administration Laws and Regulations.
【GOLD】Singapore Sake Challenge 2023
【GOLD】Oriental Sake Awards 2023 Junmai Daiginjo /Junmai Ginjo(Tanrei) Category
【SILVER】U.S. National Sake Appraisal
【GOLD】Kura Master 2023
【TROPHY】【GOLD】International Wine Challenge 2023
【PLATINUM】Kura Master 2022 Junmai Daiginjo Category
【GOLD】International Wine Challenge 2022 Junmai Daiginjo Category
|Polishing Ratio||Less than 1%|